Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"Paying For It"


How does one come up with another $6000
to pay for a Contiki tour like this?

I thought long and hard about this question and came to the conclusion that if I was going to Splurge at the start of my adventure and do the  Contiki Tour; I would need to get a second income (as to not impede or my current saving regime).

My day-job consists of 45hrs a week; inc travel (M-F).

Therefore the only extra hours I would have would be at night and on weekends.

I have worked waitering & bar tendering on & off for the last 4 years so I was able to pick up 3-4 shifts a week at a local Restaurant as a bartender. (Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sunday Nights)

I started working consistently 4 shifts a week as of June 2010. 4 shifts would give me $300+ a week- of which I would put towards first & foremost my Contiki Tour.

By November I had saved my $6000 to pay for Tour.

I decided to keep going with the Bar work (as I intend to spend a large chunk of 2011 not working and every extra $$$ will count) an at this point in time (March 2011) have managed to save another $4800.

No comments:

Post a Comment